KNOB OF THE WEEK
When you are the current World Champion and you enter the Youth world championships and lose it ultimately has to be seen as a failure. To his credit he entered, even though it was a no win situation as anything other than success would be seen as failure. I have seen people argue as to why he entered, I think he genuinely wanted to add a youth World title, why else would he enter the event.. I have seen idiots claim he entered to lose, which is basically tantamount to call him a match fixer, why would he enter to lose when he did not have to enter.
Same idiot claimed he rocked up for the day for "pocket money", that's right somehow Littler the multi millionaire needed the coin. Regardless of my opinion on him, I firmly believe he wanted to win, would make no sense for him to enter otherwise, if only to pad his record when it comes to titles, maybe he wanted to equal Van Veen and Babs van den Bergh, and have two world youth titles. As for Major titles and world titles, I reckon he will easily eclipse Hunchback MvG who has just 3 titles in 20 years. In the end Littler had to win as mentioned anything else would be a failure.
This week Jonny Clayton was having a whine about the Grand Slam and moaning why the top 16 were not automatically in the Slam, ignoring what the Grand Slam is all about in theory....winners. Unlike the Premier League where only the top 4 automatically qualify, you fate is in your own hands in the Grand Slam. You win a proper event, maybe even a euro tour and you should get in, Jonny did neither, and lets face it Clayton has been a lazy bastard, he has skipped I believe 5 euro tours this year, and lost in another 5 matches where a win would have got him a spot, semis in the PL,stands out. The PDC have also increased the numbers in the slam so floor champs might get him in, and he still has the qualifiers. The chances were there, still are, and while I admit the Slam would be better with him in it , if he is not there it is his own fault. Jonny needs to shut the fuck up, and win comps or at least reach a final in a premier tv event. If he is too lazy to enter the qualifiers then fuck him.
